PA File Sight
Real-time file and folder monitoring
Reports username, and computer
Record creations, deletions, accesses, changes
Alert on file and folder moves and renames
Monitor file and folder permission changes
File Auditing Compliance
Monitor all files or just a subset
Centralized Management with the Ultra Edition
File Monitoring and Auditing
|PA File Sight is a file monitoring software that will help you determine who is reading from and writing to important files. It can tell you when a new file or folder is created, renamed or moved. And, with our file watcher, when a file or folder gets deleted, PA File Sight can tell you who did it and what computer they did it from (IP address and computer name).|
Report from the Ultra Edition:
Customers who trust PA File SightSee more ...
Ultra and Lite Editions
Compare Ultra vs Lite to see the differences.
For example, Historical Reports and Advanced Alerts to help detect file copying activity.
Monitor User Activities
Many Alert Types
Robust security, your data stays on your servers - it is not sent to the cloud
Monitor remote servers as easily as local servers
Automatic failover with a hot standby server
Access control to limit who sees what reports
Backup SMTP server settings to help ensure alerts get out
File Auditing Features
- All files or just a subset
- File and folder creation, deletion, access (reads), changes (writes)
- File and folder permission changes
- Successful actions and well as failures
- Real-time monitoring that does not require enabling system audit events
- User account, including domain
- User IP address and computer name
- Target file and folder
- Activity that was done to the file (read, write, delete, ...)
- Date and time of action
- Email message
- SMS text message
- SNPP pager, etc.
- Record to a log file
- Run a program
Reporting (Ultra edition only):
- Report on specific users, files or activity (file delete for example)
- Report on specific time range
- Configurable data retention period
- Reports in text, HTML, .CSV or PDF formats
See the detailed feature list for more information.
Centralized Management for Ultra Edition
PA File Sight 6.2 is enterprise ready. Easily push out monitoring Satellites to watch remote servers and report back to a central system. Administer the system from anywhere.
File Auditing Compliance
Many compliance mandates require auditing file access and ensuring file integrity. PA File Sight can help meet those requirements, including those listed below:
- PCI (Payment Card Industry) DSS 10.5.5, 11.5, 12.9.5
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) DS5.5
- GLBA 16 CFR Part 314.4(b) and (3)
- HIPAA 164.312(b)
- FISMA AC-19, CP-9, SI-1, SI-7
- ISO 27001/27002 12.3, 12.5.1, 12.5.3, 15.3
PA File Sight can monitor log files, even files that were opened before PA File Sight started. In addition, it can alert on writes (changes) to files, but ignore the expected appends to log files.
How to Get Started?
File monitoring doesn't need to be complicated. PA File Sight can be installed and configured in literally a minute or two. Specify a local path and some file types to watch and it will get to work immediately.