PA File Sight System Requirements
PA File Sight has been designed to use as few system resources as possible. The goal is not to affect the server it is running on.
- Operating System:
- This application can be installed on a physical or VM platform that has one of the following operating systems installed.
- Windows Client: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server: 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
- 32 and 64 bit operating systems are supported
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher is recommended.
- .NET 2.0 or higher for report generation
- 50 - 300 MB of free physical RAM for the monitoring process
- The amount of RAM needed will go up and down during the monitoring cycles. Every few minutes the monitoring service flushes unneeded memory to keep the process size small. RAM usage will increase when running certain data intensive reports. However, the increase will be temporary.
- Disk Space:
- 50 MB - 10 GB* of disk space
- The amount of required disk space varies widely based on the amount of data to store in the database. The program files are approximately 15 MB, and report files are roughly 10 MB.
* The amount of I/O activity to be tracked and the length of time the data is kept has a large impact on database size.
- CPU Usage:
- You configure the target CPU usage
The Settings dialog lets you specify a target CPU Usage %. In general the monitoring service will attempt to keep CPU usage at or below that level. Occasionally, when flushing data to the database or when running large reports, the CPU Usage can spike higher, but that will be temporary and should not have an impact on the system.
- The recommended hardware configurations for your version of Windows will be sufficient for PA File Sight.
The Product Security page can answer any questions you might have regarding monitoring security.
Since PA File Sight is so quick and easy to install, downloading and trying it is probably the easiest way to see exactly how it will behave in your environment with your configuration.