OEM / Branding PA Server Monitor
PA Server Monitor has been built from the ground up with easy white labeling/rebranding in mind. It is quickly becoming a favorite solution among consultants and system integrators.
Our branding solution offers the following advantages:
- Brand the application with your company logo, company name and other text values easily by dropping a couple of simple files into the PA Server Monitor directory. See below for details.
- There is no charge for branding! We know that we'll be more successful if we can help you be more successful. Truly a win-win situation.
- Generous reseller discounts when you buy licenses for your clients or bundle our application with your solutions
- Ability to password protect the configuration so others don't purposefully or accidentally change your customer's configurations (available under Settings in the Console application)
- Optional renewing licenses which will periodically contact your webserver to determine whether the client is still under contract to you and should continue to be monitored (Contact us for details)
- Template support which lets you get a standard configuration setup, and then quickly apply it to new installations
To brand PA Server Monitor you need to download the oemconfig.ini file. You'll see that it is a small text file that contains things like product name, company name and website, contact email address, etc.
Edit the file to your liking.
Near the bottom of the file is a place where you can specify the name of a Windows Bitmap (.bmp) file for use in the PA Server Monitor Console -- the branding bitmap at the top.
Copy oemconfig.ini and your branding bitmap into the PA Server Monitor product directory. This is typically C:\Program Files\PA Server Monitor
Now restart the PA Server Monitor service and the Console -- your brand is now being used!
A couple of caveats:
- Branding only works with a Lite, Pro and Ultra license (including the Lite, Pro and Ultra demo licenses). The Free edition is not brandable. If a demo license expires, the product will revert back to the Free edition, and revert to our branding.
- If you want to the rename the PA Server Monitor service (so it shows up with your name in the Administrator Tools -> Services applet for example), run the following after placing the oemconfig.ini file:
(That will cause the service to be re-installed with your branding)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.