PA Storage Monitor Release Candidate
This page is where you can find our very latest release. Versions that make it to this page are considered solid and candidates for production release, but they haven't finished testing or received enough feedback yet. If we implement a feature or fix for you, we will typically send you to this page to try it out.
Version 18.104.22.168 [October 14, 2017] is currently in testing.
NOTE: Because of the new Message Template feature, Consoles will need to be version 22.214.171.124 or newer before they can connect to this version. It is highly recommended that Satellites are upgraded as well.
New features include:* [.3] Alert Reminder messages will indicate which rule fired the reminder
* [.3] Fix so the Visual Status Map report can be used with the Lite License
* [.28] Better monitor dependencies from templates
* [.41] Forcing TLS 1.2 support when using Windows 8.1 or Server 2012 R2 where we know it is supported
* [.49] Added MERGEIMPORT command line option to import a configuration into an existing configuration
* [.49] Fix for Satellite Up/Down messages that use a different template
* [.49] Extra protection against corrupted MIB files
* [.57] Added rHTMLEMAIL_NO_PDF to disable PDF attachments in reports
* [.57] HTTP Server allocates less memory
* [.57] Fix for Log File action truncation when using UTF-8 files
* [.85] Dynamic Groups will be empty if their source Dynamic Server List is disabled (or not in an OK state)
* [.85] Double-signing (SHA1 with MS Cross-signing certificate, and SHA256) installers
* [.94] Added System Activity events for database cleanup activities
* [.96] The Start Application action can specify it should be run on the "Central/Satellite where the alerting monitor runs"
* [.99] Registry setting for Disk Space monitor to use previous Can't Run status instead of Alert if a drive can't be found
* [.103] Fix for the Service Monitor not keeping must run/must not run services when propagated from a template
* [.112] Importing BLOCK_AUTO_CONFIG setting from config cxml files
* [.112] Improved Windows AV detection in Inventory Collector
* [.117] Better error message when Powershell-based Execute Script times out
* [.117] Fix for Consoles not being able to login when "Local only" HTTP server filtering is on
* [.137] Fix so Satellites can do Smart Config with templates
* [.158] Fixed some error messages in the PA Desktop Notifier
* [.201] Satellite Down messages will have an AlertID like monitors so they can be tracked in third party systems
* [.203] Fixes for issues introduced in build 201
Updates / Upgrades
PA Storage Monitor can be upgraded by simply installing the latest version on top of your existing installation. Your settings and databases will be upgraded as needed.
You might need to reset the PA Storage Monitor service's Run As account (from Settings or the Windows Services applet), but other than that no further configuration changes will be needed.