This help page is for version 7.3. The latest available help is for version 8.0.
How to Integrate with PA Server Monitor
PA Server Monitor has a variety of ways to integrate into your business to help support business needs. A few integration points and ideas are listed below.
Sending Alerts to External Systems
- Use the built-in PagerDuty Action to forward notifications and fixed events.
- SIEM Systems
- Security Information and Event Management systems often accept incoming data via Syslog or SNMP Trap.
- This HOWTO page shows how to use the Call URL action to forward alerts to Slack
- Ticketing System
- Many customers use the Call URL action to put tickets into their helpdesk/trouble ticket system.
- Execute Script
- Run Program
- Some customers use the Start Application action to pass alert details to other programs.
- The Plugin Monitor can use custom built plugins, including those compatible with Nagios.
- Execute Script
- Watch Custom Windows Applications and Services
- The Performance Monitor will watch performance counter from any application that provides them, and the Service Monitor can watch any service, whether originally part of Windows or not.
Enterprise Configuration Syncing
A number of customers need to keep their configuration management (often home-grown systems) in sync with their monitoring so nothing slips through the cracks.
- Sync Current System Lists
- Most of the External API is useful for keeping track of what is monitored.
- Sync Current Network Devices
- The ConfigComputerInfo and ConfigGroupInfo tables are specifically for external application usage to see what computers are being monitored.
- Automatically Monitor New Devices
- The Network Scanner can run periodically and discover new devices on the network and start monitoring them.
Extending Report Usage
- Show Reports
- Besides showing some reports on large screens in the IT department, some people show reports in an IFRAME on their own report page.
- Generate Chart Images
- The External API's CREATE_CHART command can generate chart images like those on the server status reports.
- Use Existing Charts
- Some customers will show charts in existing Scheduled Report from their own web-based report via simple HTTPS link to the image .
- Import Raw Monitored Data
- Some customers have their Scheduled Reports write out CSV files that are imported into their other systems for processing.