This help page is for version 4.1. The latest available help is for version 6.2.
Configuring the Satellite Monitoring Service
To configure the Satellite Monitoring Service
- Enter the computer address and port of the Central Monitoring Service in the Central monitoring service address box.
This was determined during the Installation Prerequisites.
- Click Test connection to service. The Success window appears if the the connection is successful. If there is a problem,
several troubleshooting tips will be shown to help fix the problem.
- Click OK to close the Success window.
- Enter a name in the Satellite description box.
- Click the Advanced ... button which will display settings for the Satellite Monitoring Service. It is recommended to have the
service use an account that has access to the computers that it will be monitoring. The default Local System account cannot access remote
computers. See Remote Monitoring Account Hints for more information.
- Click Apply Settings to save your changes.
- Start a Console GUI, and then connect the console to the Central Monitoring Service.
The main PA File Sight Console window will appear:
- Click Satellites Services in the left navigation panel, and then select the Satellite you just installed. If it is not displayed, wait a
few moments and then click the Satellite Services node to refresh the list.
- Right-click the Satellite that was just installed, and select Accept Satellite.... This will allow the Satellite to connect to the Central Monitoring Service.
Now that the Satellite is connected to the Central Monitoring System, the system will add the computer to Servers/Devices in the Navigation Panel. You can now
add and configure monitors on that computer via the Console just like you would add a monitor from the Central Monitoring System.