This help page is for version 8.0. The latest available help is for version 8.2.
How to Integrate with PA File Sight
PA File Sight has a variety of ways to integrate into your business to help support business needs. A few integration points and ideas are listed below.
Sending Alerts to External Systems
- Use the built-in PagerDuty Action to forward notifications and fixed events.
- SIEM Systems
- Security Information and Event Management systems often accept incoming data via Syslog or SNMP Trap.
- This HOWTO page shows how to use the Call URL action to forward alerts to Slack
- Ticketing System
- Many customers use the Call URL action to put tickets into their helpdesk/trouble ticket system.
- Execute Script
- Run Program
- Some customers use the Start Application action to pass alert details to other programs.
Enterprise Configuration Syncing
A number of customers need to keep their configuration management (often home-grown systems) in sync with their monitoring so nothing slips through the cracks.
- Sync Current System Lists
- Most of the External API is useful for keeping track of what is monitored.
- Sync Current Network Devices
- The ConfigComputerInfo and ConfigGroupInfo tables are specifically for external application usage to see what computers are being monitored.
- Automatically Monitor New Devices
- The Network Scanner can run periodically and discover new devices on the network and start monitoring them.
Extending Report Usage
- Show Reports
- Besides showing some reports on large screens in the IT department, some people show reports in an IFRAME on their own report page.
- Generate Chart Images
- The External API's CREATE_CHART command can generate chart images like those on the server status reports.
- Use Existing Charts
- Some customers will show charts in existing Scheduled Report from their own web-based report via simple HTTPS link to the image .
- Import Raw Monitored Data
- Some customers have their Scheduled Reports write out CSV files that are imported into their other systems for processing.
Direct Data Usage
- Extract Data
- You can extract data from the PA File Sight databases for use in your own systems.